QA Test Engineer - make a material difference
We make great software that our users love. You’ll be working in a small team with developers and a product owner to test our flagship GRANTA MI software product, used by world leading companies. We are passionate about creating software to the best of our ability and work hard to understand our users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects of the project lifecycle.
What our testers do:
We are increasing our use of automation in testing, and make good use of that in performance, load and smoke testing. However, there’s still lots of manual testing for us to do, and we do so all the way from test design, setup and execution for new features, through exploratory testing to regression testing of our suite of products at regular intervals.
We work closely with product owners to define features and priorities, allowing us to get involved in understanding our customer needs and balancing them against development costs. We use Agile processes and have daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives to keep us honest and transparent. We take continuous improvement seriously and everyone’s opinion is valid and listened to. We use Jira to host a Kanban board, and show key metrics and our TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
Find out more about software engineering at Granta Design here: http://www.grantadesign.com/jobs/software-engineering.htm
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Product Owner and Lead developer to design a set of test cases to cover new functionality
- Extending our suite of automated smoke tests in support of our continuous integration environment
- Extending the automation of our regression testing suite via our evolving automation test framework
- Investigating new ways in which we could extend the reach of our performance, load and security testing capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional experience in software testing (including writing test cases as well as running them)
- Experience of using test automation tools such as Protractor, Jasmine or Selenium WebDriver.
- A good understanding of current software testing methodologies and ideas
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills
- An aptitude for programming / scripting
- Strong numerical skills and the ability to understand complex systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning, and adapting to, new technologies
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Flexible working hours
- High levels of autonomy
- 12.5% non-contributory pension
- Private health insurance or gym membership
- A modern, spacious working environment and a casual, relaxed atmosphere
- Being part of a dynamic, friendly, and multicultural team
- Tailored induction and career development plan
We value our people and work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity and supports personal and professional development. As part of this commitment, we provide a tailored induction plan as well as excellent opportunities for progression.
This role offers excellent development potential, with the opportunity to further improve your test skills across a broad range of technologies and practices. We promote use of the latest technologies and encourage our software testers to keep up to date with the latest developments.