C++ Software Engineer / C++ Software Developer - make a material difference
What do our developers do?
We develop solutions for our world leading clients such as Airbus, Boeing, Ethicon Surgical Care, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, NASA, Philips, Rolls Royce & Universities across the globe! Making a positive impact in the Aerospace, Automotive, Education, Energy, Healthcare, Research & Wind Energy Technology industries, to name but a few.
Most of the GRANTA Gateway code base is written in C++ on Visual Studio, we also have some Python, Java & VB with Angular 2 on the frontend. On your first day you will be set up with an MSDN subscription. We use GitHub for version control, mostly following the GitHub flow model. We’re also passionate about continuous delivery so use Jira to host our Kanban Board and show metrics.
You will be part of a small team working to an Agile methodology with daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives. Our teams also work closely with the product owner, defining features and priorities to ensure our clients’ needs are understood & met.
As a Granta C++ Software Engineer you will be responsible for building the gateway for our flagship product, GRANTA MI. Our Gateway links CAD, CAE & PLM systems used by thousands of designers and analysts to GRANTA MI. The leading system for materials information management.
Join Granta and you will be:
- Developing clean maintainable code, predominantly in C++ and the latest C++ frameworks, to allow clients access to our platform via CAD, CAE & PLM systems.
- Providing your input and experience to all stages of our development lifecycle. From design and specification through to development and quality.
- Ensuring the Gateway platform products are developed and maintained to a high standard.
- Working on cross-platform technologies across Windows and Linux.
- Using debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to help us build efficient software that works.
We are open to applications from candidates seeking part-time or flexible working hours. Please let us know if this is something you are interested in.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant development experience of object-oriented programming in C++, including knowledge of the latest C++ libraries.
- Worked with cross-platform development technologies on Windows and Linux
- Development experience of XML technologies, including WSDL, XSD, SOAP.
- Good knowledge of at least one secondary language (e.g. C# .NET, VB .NET, Python, Java).
- Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues.
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and an attention to detail.
- You’ll be working in a great team with modern technologies and an Agile environment.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- You’ll receive our 12.5% non-contributory pension.
- We have flexible working, to fit around your family.
- You’ll be given the choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership
- We will tailor your induction and career development plan around you, your motivations and your skills.
We value our people and work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity and supports personal and professional development. As part of this commitment we provide a tailored induction plan, regular reviews and excellent opportunities for progression.
This role offers excellent development potential, with the opportunity to further improve your development skills across a broad range of technologies and practices. We promote use of the latest technologies and encourage our software engineers to keep up to date with the latest developments, and hold regular software events and activities.
Depending on your interests, there are opportunities to progress to a technical or team lead role in the future.