C# Software Engineer / C# Software Developer - make a material difference
What do our developers do?
We develop solutions for our world leading clients such as Airbus, Boeing, Ethicon Surgical Care, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, NASA, Philips, Rolls Royce & Universities across the globe! Making a positive impact in the Aerospace, Automotive, Education, Energy, Healthcare, Research & Wind Energy Technology industries, to name but a few.
You will be part of a small team working to an Agile methodology with daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives. Our teams also work closely with the product owner, defining features and priorities to ensure our clients’ needs are understood & met.
Join Granta and you will be:
- Developing innovative new features in C# and .Net so our customers can manage their Materials data.
- Using debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to help us build efficient software that works.
- Expanding our ever growing SQL Server database, within an application environment.
- Refactoring, developing and extending our code base.
- Working in an Agile environment with passionate Software Developers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant development experience with C# and the .NET framework and good knowledge of .NET libraries and frameworks, including idiomatic usage
- The ability to make effective use of debugging, diagnostic and profiling tools to build efficient software
- The analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with simple solutions and be able to build consensus around those solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication, presentation skills and an attention to detail
- Experience of refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code
- Customer focus and a good awareness of software usability issues
- Appreciation of the optimized use of SQL Server in an application environment
- You’ll be working in a great team with modern technologies and an Agile environment.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- You’ll receive our 12.5% non-contributory pension.
- We have flexible working, to fit around your family.
- You’ll be given the choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership
- We will tailor your induction and career development plan around you, your motivations and your skills.
We value our people and work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity and supports personal and professional development. As part of this commitment, we provide a tailored induction plan as well as excellent opportunities for progression. As you build your experience there may be the option to take on additional responsibilities or take the lead on some projects within the team. With regular reviews Granta aims to build on already existing skills as well as providing you with the opportunities to gain new ones to help you along through your career.