Angular / TypeScript Software Engineer - make a material difference
What do our Angular / TypeScript Software Engineers do?
We develop solutions for our world leading clients such as Airbus, Boeing, Ethicon Surgical Care, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, NASA, Philips, Rolls Royce and also Universities across the globe. We make a positive impact in the Aerospace, Automotive, Education, Energy, Healthcare, Research & Wind Energy Technology industries. We have a focus on the environmental impact of materials choices.
We mostly develop in Angular and TypeScript on WebStorm and Visual Studio. We use GitHub for version control, with code reviews via pull requests. We’re also passionate about continuous delivery, using TeamCity to do so, and use Jira to host our Kanban boards, plan work and track defects.
You will be part of a small team working to an Agile methodology with daily stand-ups and regular retrospectives keeping us honest and transparent. We take continuous improvement seriously and listen to everyone’s opinion. Our teams also work closely with the product owner, defining features and priorities to ensure our clients’ needs are understood and met.
What will you be working on?
As an Angular / TypeScript Engineer at Granta, you will be responsible for building front-ends to our flagship product, GRANTA MI. This is a C#-based application server, built on top of an SQL Server database, and accessed via a variety of well-defined interfaces.
Join Granta Design and you will be:
- Developing clean, maintainable cross-browser code in Angular, TypeScript, jQuery and HTML/CSS to drive a new generation of web applications.
- Evolving and extending our great automation test coverage using tools such as Protractor and Jasmine.
- Championing User Experience across our software development process.
- Explaining, communicating and drafting UI designs.
What do we need from you?
We value a range of skills. The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Knowledge of cross-browser Angular / TypeScript, HTML and CSS
- Experience of designing and implementing Angular applications
- An eye for design and visual aesthetics and an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to draft and visually communicate UI design
- Knowledge of LESS and AJAX
- Experience with unit and end to end testing frameworks for web applications, such as Jasmine or Protractor
- You’ll be working in a great team in an Agile environment with modern technologies.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- You’ll receive our 12.5% non-contributory pension.
- We have flexible workings.
- You’ll be given the choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership.
- We will tailor your induction and career development plan around you, your motivations and your skills.