Technical Training Content Developer
Could you develop interesting technical training content that engages engineers with a software product, shows them how to solve critical problems, and makes their use of the system highly productive?
If so, we’d love to have you in our Cambridge-based Technical Communications Team. Granta software helps engineers and materials experts at world-leading engineering enterprises to manage vital information about the materials that they use, and to make smart materials decisions that lead to better, greener, safer products. You will support this important work by creating and maintaining presentations, exercises, videos, databases, and other training resources to support courses delivered by the Granta Services Team and ‘self-training’ by users. You will also have a mandate to advance Granta’s use of established and emerging interactive technologies—e.g., for interactive, on-line courses.
What you will be doing:
- Create great content for instructor-led courses: capture and evaluate course requirements and feedback; evolve existing course structure and contents; develop new training materials.
- Design courses for easy maintenance and to enable customization for specific customers; keep current content up-to-date.
- “Train-the-trainer” to enable the Granta Services Team to deliver compelling courses.
- Design and develop self-paced learning resources for both classroom-based and online training, integrated with our wider user assistance and documentation.
- Support learning technology initiatives: e.g., webinars, podcasts, online courses, e-learning; track and exploit developments in the learning technology sector.
- Consider and implement the right balance of print, video, audio, simulations, gamification, graphics, multimedia and other technology-based learning tools to produce interactive and highly creative learning content.
- Organise and run internal staff training sessions for new starters or new products.
- Collaborate with other Content Developers to ensure consistency of style and terminology, and efficient re-use of content, across training, documentation, other user assistance, pre-sales software demonstrations, and marketing materials.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong science/technology background, including a degree in a physical science or engineering; knowledge of materials science or engineering and of manufacturing, processing, and fabrication would be advantages.
- Experience in adult learning, education, online course development, instructional design – or similar activities; experience of developing technical training content for software products would be an advantage.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Visio.
- Experience with multimedia or e-learning tools would be an advantage: e.g., SnagIt, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Moodle.
- Strong collaboration skills, with proven ability to work effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Exceptional writing skills, and the ability to distill complex topics and procedures into simple and understandable language.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong problem solving skills, creativity, enthusiasm, and drive.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Share options
- 12.5% non-contributory pension
- Private health insurance or gym membership
- Working in a fun, effective and successful environment
- Being part of a dynamic, friendly and multicultural team
- Tailored induction and career development plan
We value our people and work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity and supports personal and professional development. As part of this commitment we provide a tailored induction plan, regular reviews, and excellent opportunities for progression.